Thursday, March 29, 2012

Evo Skin: Protection without losing sensation

Working out is a part-time job you are always in training, adaptation and change is key and you are in a very diverse setting. I love the gym! it is the only place where you will always find a sweaty guy dripping on the machine, a muscle guy admiring himself in the mirror, a girl or sometimes guy admiring the muscle guy in the mirror, and the wonderful 70's bush in the bathroom. There are so many things to pay attention to while in the gym and the one thing most people neglect are there shoes.
Since we started focusing on health and fitness we have learned so many things about the body, what it can and will not do, how it heals and really when it is essential to get rest. I also learned that finding the right shoes is one of the hardest things you can do when you focus on training. It is a bit more difficult than actually getting on the treadmill for the first time.At one point I worked out in a pair of high top sketchers (don't judge me) and it was awful.My foot would slide back and forth, blisters would form, there was a weird heal on the shoe that made me stand on my toes unnaturally.
Then I moved on to wearing my skate shoes, although they were comfy they too caused some issues. First it did not offer the flexibility I needed when participating in a kickboxing class. The shoes also did not fit into the foot holder of the bike in my cycling class and I could not hit the treadmill with it. Then there was the Reebok Zig which are great cross training sneakers however they were heavy. Last I tried the Reebok Reflex which are amazingly light and great to work out in but I wanted lighter.
One day during a training section after feeling unsteady doing squats with weights I took off my shoes. A light went off....I felt stable, light and secure in my hold, my form improved and I was able to lift more weight. I fell in love with being barefoot however I wanted some type of protection and after looking at the Vibrams, I was finally introduced to the Evo Skin.
I received a pair of Evo Skin, black, sent from Zappos and my first impression is well its silicone. After I finally got them on my feet and squeezed my toes in the snug little slots, they actually do not feel bad.I took them for a quick test run and surprisingly I did not feel anything under my feet. Tomorrow I will test them on the hills of San Francisco which is the real test. Hopefully they hold up but if not I'll let you know

No comments:

Post a Comment