Monday, February 11, 2013

Bittersweet Goodbye

When I started working on this blog with Q it was meant to be a way for me to communicate my fears, my questions, my baggage... As I sit and write this very last blog from C for fAat yoGa, I cannot help to think about how far we've come, how far I've come. I no longer want to look back but I do accept that my past is what has formed me today. I take all of the lessons, close this chapter, and am writing a new book. The picture below represents how I feel writing this last blog. Sunsets represent the ending of a day or a feeling or an era. Sunsets also represent the new day ahead...I'm looking forward to the new days ahead. I'm looking forward to sweating and enjoying the fruits of my labor because this is my way of life now. No fads, no monthly cycles of working out and then being lazy, no filling my body with poisonous foods. I feel good. I will never get to a place of fitness or mental wellness that I forget the struggle it took to get me to this very place and beyond. I will never leave this ladder of health and will always reach back to help those who are behind me to move ahead.

“Never say goodbye because goodbye means going away and going away means forgetting.” -J.M. Barrie, Peter Pan



Yours - C

No comments:

Post a Comment