Thursday, October 6, 2011

C: Find Your Fit


The picture represents my morning solace, my prayer time, my 'me' time, my quiet, my workout, and my thinking time all in one. I love swimming, have since I was a wee one. One of the greatest things I've realized about myself during this journey is that the one-size-come-in-a-dvd-and-you-will-shed-500-lbs-so-sign-up-today-or-remain-fat programs do not work for me. I cannot be put into a box. I also cannot stay in a gym routine for very long...I just get anxious. I want my mind to 'think' it is not working out and then, I will stay with the exercise. That is just how I am, period. So when I found swimming again this summer I was absolutely so happy. From the first few seconds of silence as I dunk my head under water to the last lap, I find my head thinking about absolutely nothing. I am in the moment. I love how the sun sprinkles and glitters the trees when I begin but then is shining on me when I end. I love how clear the bubbles are and I love the rhythm of my breath to stroke ratio. I am looking forward to rediscovering my old exercise friend.

No comments:

Post a Comment