Monday, October 10, 2011

C: Sh*tty Friends

So...without going into my dating details, I've realized something very profound this weekend. I am one of the easiest friends/girlfriends to have...I only have a few basics. Do what you say you are going to do when you say you are going to do it, don't lie/cheat, open communication. That's it. You want to pursue your dreams at becoming a pencil maker...great! You want to quit a really great career and relax...okay. However, when the relationship is ending I hear over and over from the guys I have dated that they are not good enough for me or they could never live up to my standards....um...did you see the basic rules. I rack my brain trying to figure out what I am not doing or showing that this really is an easy relationship. Not too hard to follow fellows. Then it hit me like a ton of bricks. I started thinking about the relationships I admire and what I found in common amongst those relationships is that each person is a great friend to their partner. There is no ego, they have open communication, they get each others humor, they can depend on one another without needing to be asked. Seriously! This is what I have been missing. I date guys who make really sh*tty friends.

No comments:

Post a Comment