Thursday, October 27, 2011

C: Svaha!

I've been practicing the Tadasana (Mountain) pose for a few weeks now and am absolutely obsessed. I can do it anywhere, at any time. I do it every time I get up from my desk or the couch or even when I get out of my car. It helps keep me grounded and centered. In last month's Yoga magazine they talked about the idea of Svaha! (Just saying it makes me feel energized) Sv-aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaha! It simply means--So Be It! I say it when I first wake up, I say it when I am getting my head wet in the shower, I say it every time I am in my mountain pose. Having a simple pose that can be done any where at any time coupled with a saying like Svaha! puts you into that spiritual awakening space...keeping you in a moment of presence and gratefulness.

Namaste!

No comments:

Post a Comment