Friday, March 11, 2011

C: Friday Tip

Well, I have 2 Friday tips...2 because I thought of the idea last week but then didn't post it. :) So here goes. GNC sells this little gem of a powder called AC (enter lightening bolt) C3 in pink lemonade. I first tried this stuff as a sample in the store and Bernard, my GNC nutritionist, sent me home with a week's worth to try. I LOVE the stuff. I get the benefits of about 2 cups of coffee without the gitters, without the stomach issues, without the bad coffee breath. I use only 1 scoop (you can use from 1/2 scoop to 2 scoops, but no more than 2 scoops in a 24 hour period) mixed with about 12oz water daily with my breakfast and it gives me such focused energy. I actually sat and played with my daughter for 2 hours the other day which I NEVER because I feel like I have to get so much done. The energy starts wearing off about 9-10pm if I have the drink at 9am...enough to get me through the day, through my mommy day, and through my 'me-time' workouts! Love love love the stuff!

 Tip 2...In the latest WellBella magazine (GNC...do you see a theme here?! Check out your local store!!), I was fascinated by the 'stop sucking it in' article on page 38. So much emphasis on the abs goes toward the actual abdominal muscles and the obliques but did you know that having a desk job actually hinders the most important 'ab' muscles of all?!! Yep...the Transversus Addominis (TVA) is that lovely set of muscles below the belly, above the love below. They literally forget their job when we sit for days and days. How do we get them to remember their job?! Well...you have to stop by your GNC and pick up the mag for that but I have found a great way to get them moving on my own. Sit in your chair, back against the back of the chair, shoulders relaxed. Try to sit with your chair raised to its highest level. Next steady yourself by putting your hands, shoulder width apart on either side of your desk. Straighten your legs so that your heels are the only thing touching the floor. Using your TVAs, pull your legs up to to about 4-5 inches off the ground, try not to cheat by using your arms against your desk. You will feel this in your abs AND your inner thighs. I like to do 2 sets of 15 (I count to 30) each set and I do 25 sets which equal 375!! When you stand up, you WILL feel it. It is safe to work abs out everyday...here's to getting your 'girdle' back!!

No comments:

Post a Comment