Wednesday, March 9, 2011

C: Meditation

How do you ignore your inner critic whilst in downward dog moving to right foot lunge? Last night I had a terrible time quieting that person but at one point, I looked around the room and saw the skinniest of skinnys struggling as well and then I realized that I had to focus on my breath. I needed to surrender to my body and 'sink into' the pose instead of having my mind all over the place. Yoga brings me into THE moment which is an automatic 'shutter-upper' of the inner critic. Can't wait until Sunday to do it all again.

1 comment:

  1. Just keep at it my friend and you will continue to grow in your practice and then one day you will look around and that the skinniest of skinnies will be in aww of you. Downward dog will go from being a struggle to a place of rest. Let me tell you how great that feels!!!
    The more you do this, the more in tune you will get with your body. You will find the days you are stressing you will have more trouble with your balancing but the more you work on your breathing the easier you can come back to being in the moment.
    I like to practice my breathing every night in bed before falling asleep. With the lights out and no distractions you can really pay attention to your breath. Which is really what the core of all yoga is. So proud of you girl! Keep up the good work! Hugs & Love!

    ReplyDelete