Monday, March 28, 2011

C: Encouraging Words

Today was my first 'official' day with my trainer, Chris (after the 3 freebies). Every time a move was hard or I could not do one more rep he said, 'If I see it in my mind, I will hold it in my hands; great thoughts become great things! Come on Cara, 5 more!' LOL...Each time I took a deep breath and counted the rep down. I was so proud of myself because the 3 group of each set (explained below) I could go without stopping. After the workout I asked him where that saying came from and he said he didn't know. I googled it and it comes from The Secret...man! I LOVE this book!

Here is my 3/28 1hour workout breakdown:

5 min warm up (treadmill 2.6/6.0 incline)
Next follows sets of exercises. He allowed me 45-60 second breaks in between each set.

Set 1 x3
30 incline press (12lb weight)
30 squat with bicep curl (12lb weight)
30 ball sit-ups
45 secs pm bike used for spinning, seat removed (yep! stand up and pump!!)
...Rinse and Repeat entire set twice more, 45-60sec break in between, focus on breath

Set 2 x3
30 sec plank on ball (honestly, this was the HARDEST rep!)
30 pulley squats w/lat squeeze when standing up
30 fish kicks on ball (lay across ball on stomach, arms across a bench...kick legs up, squeezing the lower back and butt)
30 sec ice skater (jump from left to right with opposite leg going behind landing leg...do not touch the ground with your limp leg)
...Rinse and Repeat entire set twice more, 45-60sec break in between, focus on breath

Set 3 x3
30 standing V bicep curl to shoulder press up
30 pulley side pulls (these are killer)
15 row, each arm (use at least 15lb kettle ball)
30 sec ice skater
...Rinse and Repeat entire set twice more, 45-60 sec break in between, focus on breath

2 comments:

  1. Nice routine. Keep records, tracking your progress is a great way to keep motivated.

    Check out bodyspace.com too. I find that very motivational.

    Two thumbs & three toes up!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Great workout Cara! :) Keep it up!

    ReplyDelete