Tuesday, April 5, 2011

Q: Solo Dolo

I started my journey of being solo or dolo for my Harlemites and the first week was a god one but really full of learning. I had to first decide what I could do and what I couldn't do being that I was not working with a trainer or someone who as extremely knowledgeable about training. I went to the gym and below is what I was able to accomplish on a daily basis.

30 min on the elliptical (highest setting)
M,W,F: Yoga
M,W,F: Arms this is to complete burnout
T, Th, Sat: Legs
Sat: Body Combat
Sun: Body Flow, Step, Body Pump

In between those scheduled time there is always swimming, walking the dogs, hiking and doing things

The most important thing you can do is eat make sure you eat. I know...when thinking about getting healthy the last thing someone tells you to do is to make sure you eat. It is so important to eat and fuel your body with the right things. Eating should never consist of having burgers and fries 3x per day but if you wanted that burger have it what I call fillers. What are those fillers? Vegetables!!!!! when you want a burger and cant decide whether to get fries just deny and instead pile your burger high with as much vegetables as you would like. If you want chili put one cup in your bowl and a ton of veges it will fill you up and you can go about your day satisfied and feeling less of the hunger monster.

No comments:

Post a Comment