Saturday, April 30, 2011

Q: Shakeology Day 5-7

If you have been following I have been very impressed with the taste, consistency of the protein powder. After reading reviews of the product a few things were brought to my attention. First there are claims that the product is  scam due to a lack of listed ingredients in the powder. Second there has also been some concern about the presence of Caffeine in the shake, personally I wouldn't mind a bit of caffeine in it especially if it keeps me from taking caffeine pills. The past few days I have been taking those concerns into account and really checking the ingredients and the skeptics are probably correct with their observation. I do not believe that all of the ingredients are listed on the bag, however with that said I am not dissuaded from using Shakeology. If there are any questions regarding if there are artificial flavors included I simply would send the person right to the taste. Again I have tried all type of protein powder, from Amp, Isopure, Muscle Milk, ProSource, GNC, EAS and others over the years. I have also tried just about all of the flavors offered from my fave Vanilla then Strawberry and finally Chocolate of which was wayyy at the bottom of my list. As a consumer making an honest observation who also does not have anything to gain, I would say that all the other powders tasted synthetic. They were grainy, clumped in regular water, the taste did not fully taste like the actual flavor, you knew when you were drinking the shake.

That is what is different with Shakeology, I do not know whether all of the ingredients are natural however, I will say that it tastes natural. Usually at this point I am sick of drinking the shakes and force myself just to swallow it fast but this is different with Shakeology. I have not been tired of the shake in fact I prefer to make it thick like ice cream and eat it with a spoon. I also finally realized how it gave me the boost I had been looking for to get me through the day. I skipped the shakes all together on day 7 and let me tell you I dragged all day, I felt so week and couldn't figure out why I felt so bad. Then I realized what was missing from the day was my normal morning shake. I always felt the energy but never crashed like I would after taking a caffeine pill or drinking diet coke (I heart). I have to give the shake an A+++ for the energy boosting qualities it states it will give you. I also found out there are new recipes and I really think there is natural cocoa in the powder because of the taste. I cant wait to do the cleanse, I will begin the cleanse on Monday simply because I like to eat sushi etc. on the weekends.

1 comment:

  1. Just wanted to comment on the criticisms...

    All of the ingredients are listed on the bag... all 88 to be exact. And there is absolutely NO CAFFEINE in the ingredients. The caffeine has been extracted from the green tea. The "kick ass energy" (as put in the May issue of "O" magazine about the ingredients) comes from the Maca Root. The ingredients are most definitely all natural and although it passed the extensive testing to be certified organic, Beachbody decided against having the certification to prevent having to raise the cost of Shakeology. :)

    ReplyDelete