Monday, April 18, 2011

C: The Scale is my 'Scale' of Progress

Against my inner voice I stepped on the scale this morning at the gym after my morning cardio. I am a pound heavier than I was when we started this journey on Feb 5. Even though I've gone down 2 sizes, feel great, skin looks wonderful, I feel strong...something inside me is preventing the celebration. My scale of progress has been halted. At least that is what I thought until I chatted with my best boy bestie. He said, 'That is why I hate biggest loser, Cara...it is all about the scale and not about how people did during the week; the breakthroughs they had' and you know what? He is right. I can list at least 10 things I have already incorporated into my life that are here to stay and none of them have to do with what the scale says. So that's it! I'm done! No more weighing, I am going by measurements, clothing, and general health and fitness level. I couldn't even make it through a session with the trainer without crying and now I feel like I could go another round after a 30min rest.

Here's to stepping off the scale and keeping my measure of progress on point!-C

1 comment: