Friday, April 22, 2011

Q: Shakeology Day 1

If you are friends with us on FB then you know by now that I won a bag of Shakeology from the Rasa-Lila festival. I was very excited yet apprehensive about the product first the price, 119 is a bit steep for a 30 day supply of a supplement and second, I am not a huge fan of chocolate I'd rather vanilla. To my dismay Shakeology did not come in the vanilla flavor however it was explained that the flavor of vanilla was not natural thus the reason behind not having the flavor. At the fest I only tasted a small amount of the product and it was good but not POW amazing. As I made plans to link up with Janna from Team Beach Body I did more research on the product. C gave me a great article about the creator of the product and his quest to find the perfect combination of super foods which was featured in O magazine. At some point I became excited however, because I have taken so many different products I was a bit skeptical then decided I would put something together on our blog.

Health is big business in America because there are so many people who have yet to take that first step to changing their lives. Products that promise weight loss and provide energy tend to make a tremendous amount of money. In my eyes this product is no different however because I believe in Beach Body, although they should have more rounder people in their videos, I'm keeping an open mind and belly for this product. First day I opened up the package and I knew from the beginning this was different. The bag was heavy the smell was amazing, it smelled more like cocoa powder than actual chocolate. I then took 1 scoop of Shakeology, 1 tbl spoon of Peanut Butter, unsweetened Almond milk, water and ice and with the help of my Magic Bullet I blended the shake together. When I stopped the Magic Bullet I opened up to this creamy chocolaty peanut butter smelling thick drink and for a second I had to check the bag again to make sure it was a supplement and not cocoa mix. I took the sip and ooooohhh boy it was good, it tasted like someone took chocolate melted it then crushed it up in tiny tiny peaces until it became a powder. Immediately I could tell the difference between the products I was drinking and this one. For day one I was pleasantly surprised and very excited for the next 29 days.

I'll leave you with this just a little bit of information about Shakeology:  provides the widest array of nutrients from around the world in a nutrient-dense but low-calorie formula. One that can't be replicated anywhere.

No comments:

Post a Comment