Tuesday, February 1, 2011

C:New Life

Dear Food Addiction,
Part of gaining a new life or, having new things in your life, means letting go of the old. And to tell you the truth...that is scary. It has been over a decade...maybe even 15 years that I've had this food addiction. I can pinpoint the exact moment too! I had always been athletic and participated in sports in high school. I did not love love love sports, but I definitely loved how my body felt after working out and really pushing my body. It was week 2 of my freshman year @SUNYNewPaltz. I remember one of my new friends was going to workout and another friend was going to the cafeteria...I went to the cafeteria and never looked back. Over the years I have done all the fad diets, programs, points, meals, starvation, working out until you puke...nothing worked...nothing...obviously. As my daughter gets older I want to be that example to her...I want to show her that you can and should ALWAYS make time for exercise. You should always put yourself first because who are you if you can't love yourself enough to be healthy. I used to feel guilty...felt like I wasted so much time. Honestly...I had fun. You were that friend who was always there to get me through a term paper, a break up, a celebration. But...you aren't good for me. Even in good times, you are not good for me. You enable me and it is time I take that control back. Am I still hurting from my recent breakup? Yes. But I am pushing through and feeling the pain. Am I scared to walk into that first Zumba class? Yes. But I want to feel the rhythm in my body again. Am I scared that this will be another failure? Heck no and you know why?! Because you are no longer part of the equation. Food = Energy. I want good energy in order to really live the life I am meant to live.
Regards-C

1 comment:

  1. Nice Cara! Keep it up. Owning your weaknesses and changing your habits is the hardest and 1st step. I'm going through that now.

    ReplyDelete