Saturday, February 12, 2011

Q: Low Cal Dinner

I just made an amazing dinner that I threw together from some of the everyday items I have around the house. Surprisingly enough it had a great taste and was low cal, listed is the recipe hope you enjoy. The best thing about this recipe is that you can add your own spices (I would try not to add too much salt), vegetables and its fast I made it in about 20min.

1 cup of broccoli
1 cup of cauliflower
1 cup of carrots
1 cup of morning star chick'n strips (can use chicken breast just slice thin)
1/2 cup of mango
Garlic (put as little or as much as you would like)
pepper
1/2 cup of peppers (hot)
pinch of salt
1 table spoon of olive oil

Quick Tip: you can purchase a steamable bag of mixed vegetables to save a bunch of time...

Preparation:
 heat a pan add oil, garlic, vegetables and let saute until tender. Once tender add the chick'n strips mango, peppers and a pinch of salt. Cook for about 5 minutes constantly tossing so as not to burn. Heat a wrap in the oven I use a generic bran I purchased from BJ's that is 45 calories and low carb. Take out warmed wrap add contents from the pan, fold and eat.

 If you use actual Chicken follow the same instructions however cook the chicken first then add the vegetables. This dish can make about 4-5 servings or wraps and is probably a total of 200 calories.

No comments:

Post a Comment