Friday, February 11, 2011

Q: dA-Feet

This week was almost a disaster, going through this I took certain things into account. First I knew that I was going to have to push through the workouts. Second, I also realized that eating the right things was essential so I had to mentally prepare myself for my most daunting food...the Salad (hate em). Third one of the most important things, working out. So I prepared, ran scenarios in my mind, how to conquer the salad, how to wake up early, how to mentally get through the workouts, and you know I was able to do those things the first few days. Then came something I didnt expect, what happens when you run into a wall in your personal life? Whether its your child saying not to go, the family pets needing more attention, death, a new life, or issues with your significant other, hmm didn't prepare for that.
So this week when life didn't go as smoothly found myself almost taking part in a health food FAIL. When the stress began to come down from an area I had not prepared for I found myself mentally convincing myself that I could cheat that one time. I sat in my car 15min into my 30min drive home hungry and convinced myself that if I went to McDonalds and bought 1 double cheeseburger (yup i needed a double) and a small bag of the Red bag of Doritos and drank water that would be cool. Hell I even calculated that if I didnt eat the Doritos instead licked the cheese off the chip it would save me some calories. Well I didnt do it instead of going to the gym I actually went home. I was hungry before the problems started, the problem was my excuse and I fought hard and decided I would just take the evening off from the gym (of which I went to in the morning) and instead feed the body that now craved healthy food. So I learned that you cannot prepare enough for the unexpected just have tools handy to find an alternative. This will be the first weekend without C and as she sheds insight on fAat yoGa from the road, I'll be writing about being alone with yourself. When she was around I didnt just have myself to be accountable, I was also accountable to the person who was doing this project with me. I am wishing myself a good luck and fighting the urge to lick one of those chips lol.

No comments:

Post a Comment